Playstation 3 Final Fantasy fans can finally stop holding their breath. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will release with the Collector’s Edition this August 27.
The Collector’s Edition comes with some amazing extras for your gaming collection besides just the awesome game. Some include:
- A gorgeous box featuring artwork by illustrator Yoshitaka Amano, famous for his artwork in the other FFXIV games.
- The Art of Eorzea: A Realm Reimagined – A hardbound art book, featuring art concepts and more from art director Akihiko Yoshida and his team.
- The Waning of the Sixth Sun – A Blu-Ray disc that features a cinematic look at the events that led up to the realm being reborn.
- The Sounds of Eorzea – a collection of music from the game by sound director Masayoshi Soken.
- In-game Bonus Items, including: The Helm of Light – Look like one of the fabled Warriors of Light when you equip this exclusive helmet. Baby Behemoth Minion – Summon this cute, but ferocious miniature version of Behemoth and watch him roar with excitement as you adventure through Eorzea. And many more.
Loyal gamers who pre-order will get some extra in-game goodies along with the Collector’s Edition. This includes a Mog Cap for you to wear around Eorzea. These are based off the Final Fantasy moogles, and the only thing better than wearing one in the game is if you got one in real life. Can we seriously make this happen? You can also summon your own Cait Sith Doll minion that will follow you on of your adventures.
I definitely suggest picking this up if you’re a serious Final Fantasy lover like myself. The extras will be well worth it if you’re willing to fork over the extra cash for this $79.99 Collector’s Edition.