The Atlas has been redrawn. Find your way to the centre through new paths and discover new challenges along the way. War for the Atlas adds 32 maps to Path of Exile’s ever-evolving end-game. Today, GM2V will tell you the patch notes of map balance.
- The entire Atlas has been reworked. Many map names have changed, as have their balance, tier and position on the Atlas. Many maps have also had their boss fights swapped or completely reworked.
- The rules used to generate monsters in endgame maps have been significantly reworked and rebalanced around the rate at which we expect players to reliably clear out the map. In general, narrow, linear maps will contain fewer total monsters than maps with complex layouts. We will be closely monitoring and adjusting the balance of this change and expect to make further changes and improvements over time.
- Map mods have also been rebalanced, and every mod now provides increased item rarity, increased item quantity, and increased monster pack size, though the magnitudes are dependent on the difficulty of the mod.
- Mao Kun: Monsters no longer gain Power and Endurance charges every 20 seconds, as this was consistently causing performance problems. These monsters now have a chance to gain those charges on hit. The number of monsters that appear in this map has been reduced, but the area now grants an increase to experience gained to compensate.
- Added a new map prefix: Feasting — Area is inhabited by Cultists of Kitava.
- Many monsters which appeared in Acts 5 through 10 but did not appear in Maps have been added to Maps.
- Map bosses which have multiple forms or phases no longer count as multiple map bosses for the sake of achievements and challenges.
- Suncaller Asha’s Leap Slam ability has been rebalanced, and now has a 4 second cooldown.
- Rek’tar can now smack around players who are standing too close to walls.
- Purge Hounds now come out of their gates from farther away, and will pursue players for longer distances.
- Water Elementals and their variants now appear in packs as a mix of visible and hidden monsters (as opposed to all hidden or all visible).
- The boss of the Death and Taxes unique map now moves 35% faster while immune to damage.
- Twisted Effigy monster corpses can now be Desecrated if you bring one into a map with you.
- Rhoa map bosses now regain 33% of their maximum life whenever you break one of their nests.
- Added a pack of magic monsters to the boss rooms of maps that were missing them.
- Monsters can now appear closer to the entrances in Oba’s Cursed Trove.
- The Hallowed Ground unique map is now on the Cemetery basetype.
Happy playing and enjoy yourself!